Mob torch vehicles, ransack police station in MP
Shivpuri: Tension gripped Shivpuri town on Monday as police fired in air to disperse a mob that went berserk after word spread about the body of an abducted boy lying in nearby Amola forest, police said.
Utsav Goyal, a class VI student of a local school, was allegedly kidnapped by unidentified persons on March 2 from Vivekanad Colony here when he was on his way for a tuition class, official sources said.
The abductors later demanded a ransom of Rs five lakh from the boy`s father who is a property dealer.
As the news spread in the evening that Utsav was murdered by his captors and his body was lying in Amola forest nearby, an agitated mob vandalised Kotwali police station, torched several deserted vehicles, including a police van, parked on the police station campus.
Three ATMs were also damaged by the mob, they said. The sources said police fired two rounds in air, and added that there are no reports of injuries and the situation is tense but under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After Zuckerberg, OurMine hacks Sundar Pichai's Quora and Twitter accounts!
- Black money window: CBDT issues fresh FAQs; PAN mandatory
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives