Mob torch vehicles, ransack police station in MP
Shivpuri: Tension gripped Shivpuri town on Monday as police fired in air to disperse a mob that went berserk after word spread about the body of an abducted boy lying in nearby Amola forest, police said.
Utsav Goyal, a class VI student of a local school, was allegedly kidnapped by unidentified persons on March 2 from Vivekanad Colony here when he was on his way for a tuition class, official sources said.
The abductors later demanded a ransom of Rs five lakh from the boy`s father who is a property dealer.
As the news spread in the evening that Utsav was murdered by his captors and his body was lying in Amola forest nearby, an agitated mob vandalised Kotwali police station, torched several deserted vehicles, including a police van, parked on the police station campus.
Three ATMs were also damaged by the mob, they said. The sources said police fired two rounds in air, and added that there are no reports of injuries and the situation is tense but under control.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed