Modi is BJP`s "best product", says Murli Manohar Joshi
Sagar: Hours before BJP`s Parliamentary Board meeting in New Delhi, senior party leader Murli Manohar Joshi had called Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as "chokh maal" (best product).
"Namo (Modi) is BJP`s chokha maal," the veteran BJP leader told reporters, when asked about L K Advani`s reservations on declaring Modi as party`s prime ministerial nominee.
"The party has put him before the nation, whether people like him or not, time will tell," Joshi said, before leaving for New Delhi to take part in the meeting.
Alongwith Advani and Sushma Swaraj, Joshi was earlier said to be opposed to the announcement of Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Later this evening in New Delhi, BJP chief Rajnath Singh announced that Modi has been anointed as party`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Joshi had come here to take part in a teachers` felicitation programme organised by BJP MP Bhupendra Singh.
On the Advani`s opposition to Modi`s elevation, Joshi said that the parliamentary board`s proposal should be acceptable to all. "If there is a proposal then it should be vetted at the earliest. Parliamentary Board is competent to take all types of decisions," he said.
He also blamed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Finance Minister P Chidambaram and Planning Commission`s Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia for the condition of the economy, and called them "anarthshastri".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory