Mother accuses IAS officer son of throwing her out
Bhopal: An octogenarian woman has filed a complaint with Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission (MPHRC) here against her IAS son, alleging that he drove her out of the house, and does not pay her any maintenance.
Devika Bai Kabirpanthi (82) says in the complaint that her son, G P Kabirpanthi, now posted as Collector of Datia district, had been harassing her for years. Not only that, he also threw his own son and daughter-in-law out of the house, she says.
She approached the Commission because police did not entertain her, she alleges.
According to the complaint, her son drove her out of his house a year ago, and now she was living with her grandson, Kumar Sambhav.
He allegedly used his influence as an IAS officer to stop police from acting on her complaint.
Kumar Sambhav has filed a complaint with Nishatpura police here, saying that his first marriage broke up because the wife was harassed by his sisters for dowry. Sambhav had to pay her an alimony of Rs 12 lakh upon divorce.
When he remarried, the second wife too was allegedly harassed for Rs 12 lakh, to make up the `loss` from the first marriage.
According to Kumar Sambhav, when the dowry demand was not met, the IAS officer turned the couple out of the house.
Rohit Mehta, Commission spokesperson, confirmed that a complaint had been received from Kabirpanthi`s mother, and added that explanation would be sought from the competent authorities as to why action was not taken on her complaints.
The IAS officer was not available for comment despite several attempts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?