MP: 2 passports of health director recovered
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Health Director A N Mittal was found to possess two passports in his name during a raid conducted by Lokayukta police at his residence on Saturday, police said.
There are two passports in the name of A N Mittal. While one is a UN passport issued by the World Health Organisation (WHO), the other is a regular passport issued by the Indian Government, they said.
According to rules, when an additional passport is issued to a person, the regular passport has to be deposited with the government. Keeping two passports at the same time is a criminal offence and a case can be registered against the person under the Passport Act.
The raid on Mittal`s and Junior Auditor Ganesh Prasad Kirar`s residences were conducted by Lokayukta, during which assets worth over Rs 100 crore were unearthed.
Police have sent teams to Bilaspur in Chhattisgarh to probe the illegal deals, in which, Mittal is said to have been involved.
Rs 38 lakh cash, foreign currency including 3,000 Euros and 1,000 Australian dollars have been recovered from Mittal`s house, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"