MP: 2 passports of health director recovered
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Health Director A N Mittal was found to possess two passports in his name during a raid conducted by Lokayukta police at his residence on Saturday, police said.
There are two passports in the name of A N Mittal. While one is a UN passport issued by the World Health Organisation (WHO), the other is a regular passport issued by the Indian Government, they said.
According to rules, when an additional passport is issued to a person, the regular passport has to be deposited with the government. Keeping two passports at the same time is a criminal offence and a case can be registered against the person under the Passport Act.
The raid on Mittal`s and Junior Auditor Ganesh Prasad Kirar`s residences were conducted by Lokayukta, during which assets worth over Rs 100 crore were unearthed.
Police have sent teams to Bilaspur in Chhattisgarh to probe the illegal deals, in which, Mittal is said to have been involved.
Rs 38 lakh cash, foreign currency including 3,000 Euros and 1,000 Australian dollars have been recovered from Mittal`s house, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city