MP: 24 hospitalised for food poisoning
Khandwa: About 24 devotees were hospitalised with symptoms of food poisoning after they consumed prasad distributed at a religious discourse here, police said on Thursday.
Twelve persons, including seven women, were admitted in a hospital in Sanawad town while rest were referred to Indore. All of them are out of danger, Khandwa Superintendent of Police (SP) Harinarayan Chari Mishra said.
Police said as many as 50 people took ill after consuming prasad at the discourse of Sadhvi Raksha Raje last night.
After eating prasad, the devotees complained of vomiting, stomach pain and uneasiness following which they were immediately taken to a government community health centre, they said.
Mishra told reporters that the sample of the Prasad has been seized and its further distribution was immediately stopped.
A probe has been ordered by the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) into the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!