MP: 24 hospitalised for food poisoning
Khandwa: About 24 devotees were hospitalised with symptoms of food poisoning after they consumed prasad distributed at a religious discourse here, police said on Thursday.
Twelve persons, including seven women, were admitted in a hospital in Sanawad town while rest were referred to Indore. All of them are out of danger, Khandwa Superintendent of Police (SP) Harinarayan Chari Mishra said.
Police said as many as 50 people took ill after consuming prasad at the discourse of Sadhvi Raksha Raje last night.
After eating prasad, the devotees complained of vomiting, stomach pain and uneasiness following which they were immediately taken to a government community health centre, they said.
Mishra told reporters that the sample of the Prasad has been seized and its further distribution was immediately stopped.
A probe has been ordered by the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM