MP: 24 hospitalised for food poisoning
Khandwa: About 24 devotees were
hospitalised with symptoms of food poisoning after they consumed `Prasad` distributed at a religious discourse here, police said Thursday.
Twelve persons, including seven women, were admitted to a hospital in Sanawad town while rest were referred to Indore. All of them are out of danger, Khandwa Superintendent of Police (SP) Harinarayan Chari Mishra said.
Police said as many as 50 people took ill after
consuming prasad at the discourse of Sadhvi Raksha Raje last
After eating prasad, the devotees complained of
vomiting, stomach pain and uneasiness following which they
were immediately taken to a government community health
centre, they said.
Mishra told reporters that the sample of the prasad has
been seized and its further distribution was immediately
A probe has been ordered by the Sub Divisional Magistrate
(SDM) into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’