MP: 24 hospitalised for food poisoning
Khandwa: About 24 devotees were
hospitalised with symptoms of food poisoning after they consumed `Prasad` distributed at a religious discourse here, police said Thursday.
Twelve persons, including seven women, were admitted to a hospital in Sanawad town while rest were referred to Indore. All of them are out of danger, Khandwa Superintendent of Police (SP) Harinarayan Chari Mishra said.
Police said as many as 50 people took ill after
consuming prasad at the discourse of Sadhvi Raksha Raje last
After eating prasad, the devotees complained of
vomiting, stomach pain and uneasiness following which they
were immediately taken to a government community health
centre, they said.
Mishra told reporters that the sample of the prasad has
been seized and its further distribution was immediately
A probe has been ordered by the Sub Divisional Magistrate
(SDM) into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal