MP: 24 hospitalised for food poisoning
Khandwa: About 24 devotees were
hospitalised with symptoms of food poisoning after they consumed `Prasad` distributed at a religious discourse here, police said Thursday.
Twelve persons, including seven women, were admitted to a hospital in Sanawad town while rest were referred to Indore. All of them are out of danger, Khandwa Superintendent of Police (SP) Harinarayan Chari Mishra said.
Police said as many as 50 people took ill after
consuming prasad at the discourse of Sadhvi Raksha Raje last
After eating prasad, the devotees complained of
vomiting, stomach pain and uneasiness following which they
were immediately taken to a government community health
centre, they said.
Mishra told reporters that the sample of the prasad has
been seized and its further distribution was immediately
A probe has been ordered by the Sub Divisional Magistrate
(SDM) into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company