MP: 24 hospitalised for food poisoning
Khandwa: About 24 devotees were
hospitalised with symptoms of food poisoning after they consumed `Prasad` distributed at a religious discourse here, police said Thursday.
Twelve persons, including seven women, were admitted to a hospital in Sanawad town while rest were referred to Indore. All of them are out of danger, Khandwa Superintendent of Police (SP) Harinarayan Chari Mishra said.
Police said as many as 50 people took ill after
consuming prasad at the discourse of Sadhvi Raksha Raje last
After eating prasad, the devotees complained of
vomiting, stomach pain and uneasiness following which they
were immediately taken to a government community health
centre, they said.
Mishra told reporters that the sample of the prasad has
been seized and its further distribution was immediately
A probe has been ordered by the Sub Divisional Magistrate
(SDM) into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy
- Sachin Tendulkar's latest tweet proves that wherever he goes, India follows - See pic inside!