MP: 32 impersonators arrested in police constable
Bhopal: In a major crackdown against impersonators (Munnabhais) appearing in the Madhya Pradesh Police Constable recruitment examination, police have arrested over 30 of them and took into custody more than 100 others, who aided them, from various parts of the state.
"A total of 32 impersonators and 104 others involved in unfair means to affect the examination being held across the state for recruitment of constables, were arrested by the police yesterday," Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) Selection and Recruitment, K N Tiwari told PTI today.
The examination was held yesterday for 6,517 posts of constables for which 4,26,083 eligible candidates were issued admit cards to appear in the examination, Tiwari said.
Those arrested for appearing in the examination in place of actual candidates comprise two from Bhopal, 18 from Gwalior, three from Morena, five from Rewa, three in Bhind and one from Sheopur.
While 104 others from Morena, Gwalior and Rewa, trying to help the candidates through various unfair means were also arrested, the ADGP said.
Police also seized number of vehicles from their possession and is interrogating those arrested to expose their inter-state links specially in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan and also in Delhi and Bihar.
Number of persons arrested from Morena belong to Bihar, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh and they have charged hefty amounts from actual candidates.
The Police department has given the task of conducting examination to the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board which has made elaborate arrangements for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs