MP: 47 districts receive above normal rains in Jun
Bhopal: Above normal rains have been registered in 47 out of 50 districts of Madhya Pradesh from June one to July four this year.
Stating this, an official release said here today that normal rainfall has been registered only in Anuppur, Balaghat and Singrauli districts.
Flood situation has cropped up in some districts due to heavy rains during last 24 hours.
Two youths each have been washed away in floods in Dewas and Ratlam districts.
Betwa river is in spate at Hoshangabad and flood waters have entered Ashta tahsil headquarters in Sehore district.
Sehore-Indore road has been cut off and 22 villages have been cut off from rest of the state. Due to inundation of some low-lying areas in Indore, people from there have been sheltered in a school.
As many as 5,468 houses have suffered partial damage and crops have been affected in 24,638 hectaresin Sagar district.
Excessive rains have killed 4 persons and 37 cattle heads. Partial damage has been suffered by 450 houses in Vidisha district. In Basoda tahsil, 400 persons have been kept in two relief camps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list