MP: 7 school kids, 2 youths kidnapped
Chhatarpur: Seven school children and two youths were allegedly kidnapped from a village near here, police said Friday.
Two kidnappers came in a jeep and forcibly bundled the children and youths while they were returning from school at Erora village last evening, police said.
Some villagers tried to chase the jeep, but in vain.
Five of the those abducted have been identified as - Brijesh Ahirwar (14), Chandrabhan (13), Jalam (16), Surendra (22) and Bhagwan (20).
According to police, one of the kidnappers has been identified as Brijesh Dubey, a listed criminal who carries a reward of Rs 2,000 on his head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez