MP: 7 school kids, 2 youths kidnapped
Chhatarpur: Seven school children and two youths were allegedly kidnapped from a village near here, police said Friday.
Two kidnappers came in a jeep and forcibly bundled the children and youths while they were returning from school at Erora village last evening, police said.
Some villagers tried to chase the jeep, but in vain.
Five of the those abducted have been identified as - Brijesh Ahirwar (14), Chandrabhan (13), Jalam (16), Surendra (22) and Bhagwan (20).
According to police, one of the kidnappers has been identified as Brijesh Dubey, a listed criminal who carries a reward of Rs 2,000 on his head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch