MP: 7 school kids, 2 youths kidnapped
Chhatarpur: Seven school children and two youths were allegedly kidnapped from a village near here, police said Friday.
Two kidnappers came in a jeep and forcibly bundled the children and youths while they were returning from school at Erora village last evening, police said.
Some villagers tried to chase the jeep, but in vain.
Five of the those abducted have been identified as - Brijesh Ahirwar (14), Chandrabhan (13), Jalam (16), Surendra (22) and Bhagwan (20).
According to police, one of the kidnappers has been identified as Brijesh Dubey, a listed criminal who carries a reward of Rs 2,000 on his head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family