MP: Anna supporters hold protest against Cong MP
Indore: Supporters of social activist Anna
Hazare on Sunday held a sit-in outside the residence of Congress
MP Sajjan Singh Verma, who had served a privilege notice
against key Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal.
The agitators led by the core committee member Mayank
Gandhi raised slogans against Verma while justifying
Verma has sent the notice to Kejriwal for his alleged
controversial statement against MPs during a rally in February
in which he reportedly termed them as "rapists, murderers and
"The issue on which Verma had sent the notice to Kejriwal
is full of truth and we are ready to repeat this truth 100
times over. Verma should serve a similar notice to us also,"
However, Verma, who has refused to budge from his stand,
told reporters that Kejriwal insulted Parliament, the temple
"Kejriwal`s comment against this august House is totally
unacceptable and the MPs will not tolerate it," said Verma who
represents Dewas Lok Sabha seat.
"During discussion with Team Anna they demanded I should
withdraw the notice, but I did not find any merit in their
argument which compels me to think about taking it back," he
Meanwhile, Verma has claimed that he has been receiving
threatening phone calls after sending the privilege notice
"Unidentified persons have threatened me over phone and
warned me that if I won`t take back the notice against
Kejriwal, it will not be good for me," the MP said, adding he
has not filed any complaint with the police in this regard.
Verma also said the telephone numbers from where he has
received the threatening calls are saved in his cellphone and
if required he will approach the police.
Meanwhile, Team Anna`s Core Committee member Mayank Gandhi
said he sought to condemn the threatening calls if they are
received by Verma.
"However, I am confident that none of the members of Team
Anna had tried to intimidate him," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi