MP announces awards in name of Jyotiba, Savitri Phule
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced an award worth Rs two lakh each in memory of social reformer Mahatma Jyotiba Phule and Savitri Bai Phule.
The award will be given to those excelling in the field of education and social service, Chouhan announced yesterday in Gwalior on the occasion of 187th birth anniversary of Jyotiba Phule, official sources said today.
Both the awards will carry a cash reward of Rs two lakh each.
Chouhan also announced on the occasion that the life sketch of Jyotiba and Savitri Bai will be included in the school syllabus to abreast the young generation about their exemplary work.
The Chief Minister also announced on the occasion to install a grand statue of Mahatma Phule in Gwalior.
Highlighting the acts of Mahatma Phule, Chouhan said that he was the first person in the world to launch women empowerment initiative by educating his wife, Savitri Bai who in turn awaken the society on the issue of women`s education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!