MP announces support price of Rs 1,500 per quintal for wheat
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan here on Sunday announced a Minimum Support Price (MSP) of Rs 1,500 per quintal for wheat.
"Madhya Pradesh is the only state in the country to offer Rs 1,500 per quintal for purchasing wheat on MSP and we have earmarked Rs 6,000 crore this year for the purpose," Chouhan said in the presence of BJP President Rajnath Singh and large number of farmers at the Kisan Mahapanchayat.
The Chief Minister also demanded from the Centre to declare Rs 1,600 MSP for wheat this season.
In order to abreast farmers of best agriculture practices, Chouhan also announced "Mukhyamantri Kisan Videsh Adhyayan Yatra Yojna" (Farmers Foreign Study Tour Scheme).
Among other farmer-friendly measures announced by Chouhan for the welfare of farmers in the election year include core-banking scheme for cooperative banks of the state, payment of electricity bills at flat rate Rs 1,200 per horse power only twice a year, forming milk-producing committees, 80 per cent subsidy for buying sprinklers among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row