MP: Army officer, wife beaten by miscreants
Mhow (MP): An Army officer and his pregnant wife were allegedly beaten up by a group of unidentified youths at an eatery on Mhow-Pithampur Road here, police said.
The incident occurred at 10.30 PM last night, when Maj Aman Kumar and his six-months pregnant wife Deepti Kumar had gone for dinner at Satyam Dhaba, they said.
They were thrashed by seven youths, who had come in a Tata Sumo and fled from the spot after attacking the couple, police said, adding that the reason behind the assault was not yet known.
The injured couple was admitted to Mhow Military Hospital and a case was registered by Kishanganj police.
In the wake of the incident, Mhow Administrative Commandant Col Danvir Singh said that the Army administration had asked its personnel not to visit road-side eateries as a precautionary measure.
A search has been launched to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das