MP: Army officer, wife beaten by miscreants
Mhow (MP): An Army officer and his pregnant wife were allegedly beaten up by a group of unidentified youths at an eatery on Mhow-Pithampur Road here, police said.
The incident occurred at 10.30 PM last night, when Maj Aman Kumar and his six-months pregnant wife Deepti Kumar had gone for dinner at Satyam Dhaba, they said.
They were thrashed by seven youths, who had come in a Tata Sumo and fled from the spot after attacking the couple, police said, adding that the reason behind the assault was not yet known.
The injured couple was admitted to Mhow Military Hospital and a case was registered by Kishanganj police.
In the wake of the incident, Mhow Administrative Commandant Col Danvir Singh said that the Army administration had asked its personnel not to visit road-side eateries as a precautionary measure.
A search has been launched to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users