MP: Army officer, wife beaten by miscreants
Mhow (MP): An Army officer and his pregnant wife were allegedly beaten up by a group of unidentified youths at an eatery on Mhow-Pithampur Road here, police said.
The incident occurred at 10.30 PM last night, when Maj Aman Kumar and his six-months pregnant wife Deepti Kumar had gone for dinner at Satyam Dhaba, they said.
They were thrashed by seven youths, who had come in a Tata Sumo and fled from the spot after attacking the couple, police said, adding that the reason behind the assault was not yet known.
The injured couple was admitted to Mhow Military Hospital and a case was registered by Kishanganj police.
In the wake of the incident, Mhow Administrative Commandant Col Danvir Singh said that the Army administration had asked its personnel not to visit road-side eateries as a precautionary measure.
A search has been launched to nab the accused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra