MP: Army officer, wife beaten by miscreants
Mhow (MP): An Army officer and his pregnant wife were allegedly beaten up by a group of unidentified youths at an eatery on Mhow-Pithampur Road here, police said.
The incident occurred at 10.30 PM last night, when Maj Aman Kumar and his six-months pregnant wife Deepti Kumar had gone for dinner at Satyam Dhaba, they said.
They were thrashed by seven youths, who had come in a Tata Sumo and fled from the spot after attacking the couple, police said, adding that the reason behind the assault was not yet known.
The injured couple was admitted to Mhow Military Hospital and a case was registered by Kishanganj police.
In the wake of the incident, Mhow Administrative Commandant Col Danvir Singh said that the Army administration had asked its personnel not to visit road-side eateries as a precautionary measure.
A search has been launched to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read