MP Assembly adjourned amid ruckus by Congress
Bhopal: For the second day in succession, the Madhya Pradesh Assembly was today adjourned amid din created by the opposition Congress legislators demanding a discussion on the issue of corruption as highlighted by the recent IT raids on the premises of two businessmen.
The day began with the Congress members led by Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh staging a dharna outside Speaker Ishwardas Rohani`s chamber to press for their demand to accept a debate on the adjournment motion moved by them on the issue.
Congress members did not come to the House when today`s sitting began at 1030 AM and did not even allow the Speaker to enter the House.
In the absence of the Opposition, House proceedings were conducted by Gyan Singh, who is first member on the Speaker`s panel.
The Congress also refused to have any discussion with the Speaker saying it could be held only after he accepted their demand for a discussion on their motion.
Following the dharna which lasted for about an hour, Congress members went inside the House and some of them, including deputy leader of Congress Legislature Party, Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi and Kalpana Parulekar tried to intervene in the ongoing proceedings by moving a no-confidence motion against the Speaker.
They submitted the motion to Assembly Secretary Rajkumar Pandey.
However, when Gyan Singh did not pay heed to their demands they climbed up the podium and virtually forced him to leave the Chair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply