MP Assembly adjourned amid ruckus by Congress
Bhopal: For the second day in succession, the Madhya Pradesh Assembly was today adjourned amid din created by the opposition Congress legislators demanding a discussion on the issue of corruption as highlighted by the recent IT raids on the premises of two businessmen.
The day began with the Congress members led by Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh staging a dharna outside Speaker Ishwardas Rohani`s chamber to press for their demand to accept a debate on the adjournment motion moved by them on the issue.
Congress members did not come to the House when today`s sitting began at 1030 AM and did not even allow the Speaker to enter the House.
In the absence of the Opposition, House proceedings were conducted by Gyan Singh, who is first member on the Speaker`s panel.
The Congress also refused to have any discussion with the Speaker saying it could be held only after he accepted their demand for a discussion on their motion.
Following the dharna which lasted for about an hour, Congress members went inside the House and some of them, including deputy leader of Congress Legislature Party, Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi and Kalpana Parulekar tried to intervene in the ongoing proceedings by moving a no-confidence motion against the Speaker.
They submitted the motion to Assembly Secretary Rajkumar Pandey.
However, when Gyan Singh did not pay heed to their demands they climbed up the podium and virtually forced him to leave the Chair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar