MP Assembly adjourned sine die amid pandemonium
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly was on Tuesday adjourned sine die after passing the state budget for 2014-15 amid pandemonium following the Speaker`s rejection of a Breach of Privilege motion moved by a Congress member against Chief Minister.
Soon after the Question Hour, Speaker Dr Sitasharan Sharma rejected the Breach of Privilege motion moved by Congress legislator Ram Niwas Rawat against Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Sharma rejected it on the ground that no case of violating any privilege can be made against Chouhan on the issue of publication of a booklet, `Vyapam ka Sach` (MPPEB`s Truth), by the BJP.
The Speaker said that Congress has raised the use of MPPEB`s monogram on each page, publication of Assembly`s notesheet in it and also raised the issue against Chouhan in the motion.
The Chair ruled that the use of monogram is a matter related to copyright and not a breach of privilege, while the notesheets published in it can be sourced by anyone from the ongoing court cases as well as through RTI and therefore, no case can be made out against Chouhan on the issue.
Following this, Rawat along with other Congress members rushed to the well of the House raising slogans against Chouhan and the Speaker.
In the din, nothing could be heard and the Speaker transacted the listed business. When the Congress members did not heed the Chair`s request to return to their seats, the Speaker adjourned the House for 15 minutes.
Though the House was adjourned for 15 minutes, it resumed after more than 30 minutes and the Speaker transacted the remaining listed business of the day.
After that the Speaker took up the state budget and the Appropriation Bill listed in the supplementary list and the House passed it also amid pandemonium without any discussion
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say