MP Assembly adjourned sine die amid pandemonium
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly was on Tuesday adjourned sine die after passing the state budget for 2014-15 amid pandemonium following the Speaker`s rejection of a Breach of Privilege motion moved by a Congress member against Chief Minister.
Soon after the Question Hour, Speaker Dr Sitasharan Sharma rejected the Breach of Privilege motion moved by Congress legislator Ram Niwas Rawat against Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Sharma rejected it on the ground that no case of violating any privilege can be made against Chouhan on the issue of publication of a booklet, `Vyapam ka Sach` (MPPEB`s Truth), by the BJP.
The Speaker said that Congress has raised the use of MPPEB`s monogram on each page, publication of Assembly`s notesheet in it and also raised the issue against Chouhan in the motion.
The Chair ruled that the use of monogram is a matter related to copyright and not a breach of privilege, while the notesheets published in it can be sourced by anyone from the ongoing court cases as well as through RTI and therefore, no case can be made out against Chouhan on the issue.
Following this, Rawat along with other Congress members rushed to the well of the House raising slogans against Chouhan and the Speaker.
In the din, nothing could be heard and the Speaker transacted the listed business. When the Congress members did not heed the Chair`s request to return to their seats, the Speaker adjourned the House for 15 minutes.
Though the House was adjourned for 15 minutes, it resumed after more than 30 minutes and the Speaker transacted the remaining listed business of the day.
After that the Speaker took up the state budget and the Appropriation Bill listed in the supplementary list and the House passed it also amid pandemonium without any discussion
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security