MP Assembly adjourns briefly following uproar
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Assembly was Wednesday briefly adjourned after the ruling BJP and Opposition Congress indulged in slogan shouting on the issue of mafia allegedly collecting money to unseat the Chief Minister.
As soon as the House met for the day, Kalpana Parulekar (Congress) demanded a discussion on the adjournment motion on Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s recent statement that mafia was collecting money to get him removed from the post.
Deputy Leader of the Opposition Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi said Speaker Ishwar Das Rohani had yesterday said that a discussion would be allowed on the Chief Minister`s statement.
To this, Rohani said he had not specified any subject as an adjournment motion moved by Arif Aqueel (Congress) was also under his consideration.
The Speaker also expressed his displeasure over the behaviour of Aqueel and Parulekar.
He asked the Chief Minister to make his statement.
Even as Chouhan began to speak, Industries Minister Kailash Vijayawargiya made a remark which angered Congress members who trooped into the well, raising slogans. They were joined by the BJP members.
As the uproar continued despite repeated pleas by the Speaker, the House was adjourned for 10 minutes.
When the House reassembled, the matter was resolved after the Chief Minister urged the Speaker to accept the adjournment motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon