MP Assembly adjourns briefly following uproar
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Assembly was Wednesday briefly adjourned after the ruling BJP and Opposition Congress indulged in slogan shouting on the issue of mafia allegedly collecting money to unseat the Chief Minister.
As soon as the House met for the day, Kalpana Parulekar (Congress) demanded a discussion on the adjournment motion on Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s recent statement that mafia was collecting money to get him removed from the post.
Deputy Leader of the Opposition Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi said Speaker Ishwar Das Rohani had yesterday said that a discussion would be allowed on the Chief Minister`s statement.
To this, Rohani said he had not specified any subject as an adjournment motion moved by Arif Aqueel (Congress) was also under his consideration.
The Speaker also expressed his displeasure over the behaviour of Aqueel and Parulekar.
He asked the Chief Minister to make his statement.
Even as Chouhan began to speak, Industries Minister Kailash Vijayawargiya made a remark which angered Congress members who trooped into the well, raising slogans. They were joined by the BJP members.
As the uproar continued despite repeated pleas by the Speaker, the House was adjourned for 10 minutes.
When the House reassembled, the matter was resolved after the Chief Minister urged the Speaker to accept the adjournment motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test