MP Assembly Budget session from Monday
Bhopal: Law and order situation and scams in Madhya Pradesh are among major issues likely to dominate the Budget Session of the state Assembly commencing Monday with the customary address by Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
The session, which will last till March 22, will have 24 sittings. Finance Minister Raghavji will present the last budget before the state goes to poll later this year.
He is likely to present a populist budget in view of the elections.
Main opposition Congress has stocked ammunition against the BJP-ruled state headed by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and is likely to corner the government on various issues with an eye on the upcoming Assembly polls.
"Deteriorating law and order situation, corruption and non-fulfilment of numerous promises among others will be raised by the Opposition prominently," Deputy Leader of Congress Legislature Party Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi said.
The Congress will particularly target the Chief Minister, and Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
Chaturvedi said Congress will corner Chouhan over non-fulfilment of announcements made in the previous Address of the Governor as well as those made by the Chief Minister from time to time.
The issue of recent rape and murder of a minor girl near the Home Minister`s residence will be raised vociferously and the Opposition will seek the minister`s resignation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Teenager killed in firing by security forces as Rajnath Singh visits Kashmir
- Rio Olympics highlights: Ten moments that defined the Games for Indian contingent
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Altaf Hussain gives up MQM leadership after calling Pakistan 'cancer'