MP Assembly Budget session from Monday
Bhopal: Law and order situation and scams in Madhya Pradesh are among major issues likely to dominate the Budget Session of the state Assembly commencing Monday with the customary address by Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
The session, which will last till March 22, will have 24 sittings. Finance Minister Raghavji will present the last budget before the state goes to poll later this year.
He is likely to present a populist budget in view of the elections.
Main opposition Congress has stocked ammunition against the BJP-ruled state headed by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and is likely to corner the government on various issues with an eye on the upcoming Assembly polls.
"Deteriorating law and order situation, corruption and non-fulfilment of numerous promises among others will be raised by the Opposition prominently," Deputy Leader of Congress Legislature Party Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi said.
The Congress will particularly target the Chief Minister, and Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
Chaturvedi said Congress will corner Chouhan over non-fulfilment of announcements made in the previous Address of the Governor as well as those made by the Chief Minister from time to time.
The issue of recent rape and murder of a minor girl near the Home Minister`s residence will be raised vociferously and the Opposition will seek the minister`s resignation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured