MP Assembly Budget session from Monday
Bhopal: Law and order situation and scams in Madhya Pradesh are among major issues likely to dominate the Budget Session of the state Assembly commencing Monday with the customary address by Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
The session, which will last till March 22, will have 24 sittings. Finance Minister Raghavji will present the last budget before the state goes to poll later this year.
He is likely to present a populist budget in view of the elections.
Main opposition Congress has stocked ammunition against the BJP-ruled state headed by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and is likely to corner the government on various issues with an eye on the upcoming Assembly polls.
"Deteriorating law and order situation, corruption and non-fulfilment of numerous promises among others will be raised by the Opposition prominently," Deputy Leader of Congress Legislature Party Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi said.
The Congress will particularly target the Chief Minister, and Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
Chaturvedi said Congress will corner Chouhan over non-fulfilment of announcements made in the previous Address of the Governor as well as those made by the Chief Minister from time to time.
The issue of recent rape and murder of a minor girl near the Home Minister`s residence will be raised vociferously and the Opposition will seek the minister`s resignation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert