MP Assembly Budget session from Monday
Bhopal: Law and order situation and scams in Madhya Pradesh are among major issues likely to dominate the Budget Session of the state Assembly commencing Monday with the customary address by Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
The session, which will last till March 22, will have 24 sittings. Finance Minister Raghavji will present the last budget before the state goes to poll later this year.
He is likely to present a populist budget in view of the elections.
Main opposition Congress has stocked ammunition against the BJP-ruled state headed by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and is likely to corner the government on various issues with an eye on the upcoming Assembly polls.
"Deteriorating law and order situation, corruption and non-fulfilment of numerous promises among others will be raised by the Opposition prominently," Deputy Leader of Congress Legislature Party Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi said.
The Congress will particularly target the Chief Minister, and Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
Chaturvedi said Congress will corner Chouhan over non-fulfilment of announcements made in the previous Address of the Governor as well as those made by the Chief Minister from time to time.
The issue of recent rape and murder of a minor girl near the Home Minister`s residence will be raised vociferously and the Opposition will seek the minister`s resignation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional