MP Assembly Budget session from Monday
Bhopal: Law and order situation and scams in Madhya Pradesh are among major issues likely to dominate the Budget Session of the state Assembly commencing Monday with the customary address by Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
The session, which will last till March 22, will have 24 sittings. Finance Minister Raghavji will present the last budget before the state goes to poll later this year.
He is likely to present a populist budget in view of the elections.
Main opposition Congress has stocked ammunition against the BJP-ruled state headed by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and is likely to corner the government on various issues with an eye on the upcoming Assembly polls.
"Deteriorating law and order situation, corruption and non-fulfilment of numerous promises among others will be raised by the Opposition prominently," Deputy Leader of Congress Legislature Party Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi said.
The Congress will particularly target the Chief Minister, and Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
Chaturvedi said Congress will corner Chouhan over non-fulfilment of announcements made in the previous Address of the Governor as well as those made by the Chief Minister from time to time.
The issue of recent rape and murder of a minor girl near the Home Minister`s residence will be raised vociferously and the Opposition will seek the minister`s resignation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor