MP Assembly: Cong raises issue of harassment of MLA
Bhopal: Main Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Tuesday raised the issue of alleged illegal confinement and harassment of its own MLA, Panchilal Medha at a posh mall in the state capital.
The matter was raised by Congress`s Dr Govind Singh, Vijendra Singh Malaheda and Purshottam Dangi through a call attention motion.
They said that incident occured when Dharampuri`s ST MLA, Medha went to a mall in the city along with his wife, two daughters and a five-year-old son.
His little son lifted a biscuit and a toffee packet from Hyper-City store which was not in the knowledge of the MLA and when the bill for the goods purchased by him was prepared, these two items were not included in it.
Later when he was leaving the store, the security staff checked the bag they found two extra items in it following which they detained and harassed him despite giving his introduction and his willingness to pay for the two unbilled items, Singh said.
The Congress members demanded that accused persons in this regard should be booked under SC/ST Act and alleged that anti-social elements were employed by these private security agencies who are proving to be a threat in the name of
However, intervening in the matter, Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta said that on the report of the MLA four persons were arrested by the MP Nagar Police Station and assured the House that cases under SC/ST Act too will be registered
against them in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren