MP Assembly: Cong walkout over corruption in Bundelkhand scheme
Bhopal: Dissatisfied with the reply of Public Health Engineering (PHE) Minister, Gauri Shankar Bisen, Opposition Congress on Friday staged a walkout from the Madhya Pradesh Assembly on the issue of alleged corruption in the purchase of pipes and motors under the Bundelkhand drinking water scheme.
The matter was raised by Govind Singh Rajput of Congress through call attention motion alleging that under Bundelkhand scheme substandard pipes and motors worth Rs 75.61 crore were purchased, which got damaged during testing only.
Rajput alleged that ruling party members have also complained in this regard demanding a high level probe into the episode, but the BJP government is protecting those involved in the matter.
However, Bisen told the House that under the Bundelkhand scheme, the state received Rs 29 crore from the Centre out of which pipes and motors worth Rs 25 crore were purchased through Laghu Udyog Nigam.
The entire matter was being probed by his Ministry and no irregularities were found in the purchase of the above items, he said.
Disgruntled, Congress members staged a walkout from the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?