MP Assembly: Cong walkout over corruption in Bundelkhand scheme
Bhopal: Dissatisfied with the reply of Public Health Engineering (PHE) Minister, Gauri Shankar Bisen, Opposition Congress on Friday staged a walkout from the Madhya Pradesh Assembly on the issue of alleged corruption in the purchase of pipes and motors under the Bundelkhand drinking water scheme.
The matter was raised by Govind Singh Rajput of Congress through call attention motion alleging that under Bundelkhand scheme substandard pipes and motors worth Rs 75.61 crore were purchased, which got damaged during testing only.
Rajput alleged that ruling party members have also complained in this regard demanding a high level probe into the episode, but the BJP government is protecting those involved in the matter.
However, Bisen told the House that under the Bundelkhand scheme, the state received Rs 29 crore from the Centre out of which pipes and motors worth Rs 25 crore were purchased through Laghu Udyog Nigam.
The entire matter was being probed by his Ministry and no irregularities were found in the purchase of the above items, he said.
Disgruntled, Congress members staged a walkout from the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla