MP Assembly: Opposition raises issue of phone-tapping of politicians
Bhopal: The Opposition Congress today raised the issue of alleged phone-tapping of some politicians and officials in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly.
During zero hour, Congress Legislature Party`s Deputy Leader Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi raised the matter on the basis of a newspaper report stating that Home Department and Police Headquarters were tapping the phones of some politicians and officials.
Chaturvedi alleged that state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta too was involved in the matter and added that the Principal Secretary, Home has written a letter in this regard.
However, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Dr Narottam Mishra termed the report as wrong and alleged that Congress was spreading confusion in the matter.
Speaker Ishwardas Rohani said that one cannot raise the issue in the House merely on the basis of media reports.
Dr Govind Singh (Congress) also raised the issue of recent massive transfer of senior officials in the midst of an Assembly session and added that it was normally not done when the House was in session.
He alleged that the state government had effected transfers on a large scale following pressure from one of BJP`s allied organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside