MP Assembly: Opposition raises issue of phone-tapping of politicians
Bhopal: The Opposition Congress today raised the issue of alleged phone-tapping of some politicians and officials in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly.
During zero hour, Congress Legislature Party`s Deputy Leader Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi raised the matter on the basis of a newspaper report stating that Home Department and Police Headquarters were tapping the phones of some politicians and officials.
Chaturvedi alleged that state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta too was involved in the matter and added that the Principal Secretary, Home has written a letter in this regard.
However, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Dr Narottam Mishra termed the report as wrong and alleged that Congress was spreading confusion in the matter.
Speaker Ishwardas Rohani said that one cannot raise the issue in the House merely on the basis of media reports.
Dr Govind Singh (Congress) also raised the issue of recent massive transfer of senior officials in the midst of an Assembly session and added that it was normally not done when the House was in session.
He alleged that the state government had effected transfers on a large scale following pressure from one of BJP`s allied organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers