MP Assembly: Opposition raises issue of phone-tapping of politicians
Bhopal: The Opposition Congress today raised the issue of alleged phone-tapping of some politicians and officials in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly.
During zero hour, Congress Legislature Party`s Deputy Leader Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi raised the matter on the basis of a newspaper report stating that Home Department and Police Headquarters were tapping the phones of some politicians and officials.
Chaturvedi alleged that state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta too was involved in the matter and added that the Principal Secretary, Home has written a letter in this regard.
However, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Dr Narottam Mishra termed the report as wrong and alleged that Congress was spreading confusion in the matter.
Speaker Ishwardas Rohani said that one cannot raise the issue in the House merely on the basis of media reports.
Dr Govind Singh (Congress) also raised the issue of recent massive transfer of senior officials in the midst of an Assembly session and added that it was normally not done when the House was in session.
He alleged that the state government had effected transfers on a large scale following pressure from one of BJP`s allied organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says