MP assembly pays tribute to Mumbai blasts victims
Bhopal: Strongly condemning the serial
blasts in Mumbai, Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Thursday paid homage to
the victims by expressing its grief with the family members of
those killed in the terror act.
Soon after the House assembled for the day, the
Speaker, Ishwardas Rohani, mentioned about the yesterday`s
serial blasts in Mumbai and termed it as the most cowardly act
and heart-rending incident.
At least 21 people were killed and 141 injured in
three blasts that rocked Mumbai last evening.
The House was adjourned for five minutes to express
condolences with the deceased.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan
said that the country`s morale will not subside in wake of
In fact these incidents give an opportunity to the
country to fight against such forces with more determination
by rising above party politics, he said.
Chouhan informed the House that in the Zaveri Bazaar
blast, Sunil Jain of Panna who was engaged in the business of
diamond trade, was killed while another local from Panna,
Dharmendra Jadia and Sudhir Jain of Shahgarh town in Sagar
district, were seriously injured.
Chouhan said that the state government was taking care
of their medical treatment and will do everything possible to
provide relief to the affected persons.
He said country was enraged over the incident as
innocent people were targeted again by terrorists.
The chief minister also said that a high alert has
already been sounded in the entire state and appealed the
people to cooperate in maintaining security and harmony in the
Leader of Opposition, Ajay Singh also strongly
condemned the dastardly act and added that the terrorists were
trying to weaken the country by targeting common people, but
they will not budge.
He urged the chief minister to ensure safety and
security of the people in the state.
Deputy Leader of the Congress Legislature Party,
Choudhry Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, BSP Legislature Party
Leader, Ramlakhan Singh and Independent Paras Saklecha also
condemned the incident.
Later, the house observed a two-minute silence as a
mark of respect to those killed in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened