MP Assembly pays tributes to departed leaders; adjourned
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Tuesday paid tributes to several leaders, including former Prime Minister IK Gujral, former Union Ministers Vilasrao Deshmukh and K C Pant and Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, who passed away recently.
Soon after the House assembled on the opening day of the Winter Session, Speaker Ishwardas Rohani mentioned the names of the dignitaries and some other leaders, who died since the last session.
Rohani also mentioned the names of ex-RSS chief K S Sudarshan, film star and former MP Rajesh Khanna, former Union Ministers Kanshiram Rana and K Yerran Naidu and the `father of white revolution` Verghese Kurien.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan recalled the services of all these people in various fields and said that their contributions will never be forgotten.
Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, Ajay Singh, also spoke about the good work done by all of them.
After observing a two-minute silence in their memory, the House was adjourned till tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents