MP Assembly pays tributes to departed leaders; adjourned
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Tuesday paid tributes to several leaders, including former Prime Minister IK Gujral, former Union Ministers Vilasrao Deshmukh and K C Pant and Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, who passed away recently.
Soon after the House assembled on the opening day of the Winter Session, Speaker Ishwardas Rohani mentioned the names of the dignitaries and some other leaders, who died since the last session.
Rohani also mentioned the names of ex-RSS chief K S Sudarshan, film star and former MP Rajesh Khanna, former Union Ministers Kanshiram Rana and K Yerran Naidu and the `father of white revolution` Verghese Kurien.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan recalled the services of all these people in various fields and said that their contributions will never be forgotten.
Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, Ajay Singh, also spoke about the good work done by all of them.
After observing a two-minute silence in their memory, the House was adjourned till tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you