MP Assembly pays tributes to departed leaders; adjourned
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Tuesday paid tributes to several leaders, including former Prime Minister IK Gujral, former Union Ministers Vilasrao Deshmukh and K C Pant and Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, who passed away recently.
Soon after the House assembled on the opening day of the Winter Session, Speaker Ishwardas Rohani mentioned the names of the dignitaries and some other leaders, who died since the last session.
Rohani also mentioned the names of ex-RSS chief K S Sudarshan, film star and former MP Rajesh Khanna, former Union Ministers Kanshiram Rana and K Yerran Naidu and the `father of white revolution` Verghese Kurien.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan recalled the services of all these people in various fields and said that their contributions will never be forgotten.
Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, Ajay Singh, also spoke about the good work done by all of them.
After observing a two-minute silence in their memory, the House was adjourned till tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official
- Video: How Wales's players celebrated rivals England's exit from the Euro 2016. Crazy!
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic