MP Assembly restores membership of expelled MLAs
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Assembly in a brief five-minute special session here on Friday unanimously passed a resolution restoring the membership of two expelled Congress MLAs.
As the House assembled for the special session, Speaker Ishwardas Rohani said, "Today is a historic day in the Parliamentary history of the country as the House will pass a resolution on the restoration of the membership of two Congress MLAs - Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi and Kalpana Parulekar".
Their membership was terminated on July 18, a day after they had indulged in unruly behaviour with the Chair for which they later expressed regret.
The resolution seeking the restoration of their membership was moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Narottam Mishra and it was passed unanimously by the House without any discussion, after which the Speaker adjourned the House sine die.
The Assembly will now inform the Election Commission about the restoration of the membership of the two MLAs and urge it to re-issue a notification saying that the two seats held by them, which had earlier been declared vacant, were now filled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- Myanmar quake damages nearly 400 ancient temples
- Amazon launches dedicated online Telugu book store
- Explore London through the lens of Kapil Sharma and team!
- Typhoon to hit Japan on Tuesday; meteorological agency issues warnings
- From Kanpur to Varanasi in 10 days: 11-year-old Shraddha Shukla attempts 550 km swim in raging Ganga