MP Assembly restores membership of expelled MLAs
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Assembly in a brief five-minute special session here on Friday unanimously passed a resolution restoring the membership of two expelled Congress MLAs.
As the House assembled for the special session, Speaker Ishwardas Rohani said, "Today is a historic day in the Parliamentary history of the country as the House will pass a resolution on the restoration of the membership of two Congress MLAs - Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi and Kalpana Parulekar".
Their membership was terminated on July 18, a day after they had indulged in unruly behaviour with the Chair for which they later expressed regret.
The resolution seeking the restoration of their membership was moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Narottam Mishra and it was passed unanimously by the House without any discussion, after which the Speaker adjourned the House sine die.
The Assembly will now inform the Election Commission about the restoration of the membership of the two MLAs and urge it to re-issue a notification saying that the two seats held by them, which had earlier been declared vacant, were now filled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market
- 'USD 100 for shaving beard: ISIS imposes new fines, taxes'