MP Assembly restores membership of expelled MLAs
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Assembly in a brief five-minute special session here on Friday unanimously passed a resolution restoring the membership of two expelled Congress MLAs.
As the House assembled for the special session, Speaker Ishwardas Rohani said, "Today is a historic day in the Parliamentary history of the country as the House will pass a resolution on the restoration of the membership of two Congress MLAs - Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi and Kalpana Parulekar".
Their membership was terminated on July 18, a day after they had indulged in unruly behaviour with the Chair for which they later expressed regret.
The resolution seeking the restoration of their membership was moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Narottam Mishra and it was passed unanimously by the House without any discussion, after which the Speaker adjourned the House sine die.
The Assembly will now inform the Election Commission about the restoration of the membership of the two MLAs and urge it to re-issue a notification saying that the two seats held by them, which had earlier been declared vacant, were now filled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- STOP THIS SHAME! Pakistani doctor living in Gujarat tried to molest 16-year-old patient?
- Karnataka: KSRTC strike affects commuters, Bengaluru worst hit
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Lionel Messi's new look: The hair bleach fever has caught the Argentine legend – Pic inside!
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China