MP Assembly restores membership of expelled MLAs
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Assembly in a brief five-minute special session here on Friday unanimously passed a resolution restoring the membership of two expelled Congress MLAs.
As the House assembled for the special session, Speaker Ishwardas Rohani said, "Today is a historic day in the Parliamentary history of the country as the House will pass a resolution on the restoration of the membership of two Congress MLAs - Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi and Kalpana Parulekar".
Their membership was terminated on July 18, a day after they had indulged in unruly behaviour with the Chair for which they later expressed regret.
The resolution seeking the restoration of their membership was moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Narottam Mishra and it was passed unanimously by the House without any discussion, after which the Speaker adjourned the House sine die.
The Assembly will now inform the Election Commission about the restoration of the membership of the two MLAs and urge it to re-issue a notification saying that the two seats held by them, which had earlier been declared vacant, were now filled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire