MP Assembly stalled over company of CM`s kin
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly Friday witnessed uproarious scenes when Congress members raised the issue of upgrading the registration of a company allegedly under pressure, as it belongs to state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s brother.
The matter was raised by Purshottam Dangi (Congress) during Question Hour who wanted to know that how the company`s registration was upgraded by the Public Works Department (PWD) from A-3 to A-4 category within 41 days, despite the rule that it cannot be done before a year.
Intervening in the matter, Govind Singh (Congress) alleged that since the company belongs to the brother of the Chief Minister and it has given its address as the "Chief Minister`s residence" therefore, it was done under pressure.
Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh termed it as a gross violation of rules and added that the House wanted to know from the PWD Minister who all are the partners and share holders in the company.
However, the Speaker did not permit it on the ground that the question does not arise at this point as it was not asked with the original question.
PWD Minister Nagendra Singh, in his reply, termed the Congress` allegations as "baseless" and clarified that the company`s registration in A-4 category was done only after it fulfilled all the conditions.
He refused to cancel the registration of the company on the ground that it had applied afresh for registration in the A-4 category and not for upgradation from A-3 to A-4.
The Minister also said that no officer had done anything wrong in the matter and therefore no question arises of taking any action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security