MP Assembly stalled over company of CM`s kin
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly Friday witnessed uproarious scenes when Congress members raised the issue of upgrading the registration of a company allegedly under pressure, as it belongs to state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s brother.
The matter was raised by Purshottam Dangi (Congress) during Question Hour who wanted to know that how the company`s registration was upgraded by the Public Works Department (PWD) from A-3 to A-4 category within 41 days, despite the rule that it cannot be done before a year.
Intervening in the matter, Govind Singh (Congress) alleged that since the company belongs to the brother of the Chief Minister and it has given its address as the "Chief Minister`s residence" therefore, it was done under pressure.
Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh termed it as a gross violation of rules and added that the House wanted to know from the PWD Minister who all are the partners and share holders in the company.
However, the Speaker did not permit it on the ground that the question does not arise at this point as it was not asked with the original question.
PWD Minister Nagendra Singh, in his reply, termed the Congress` allegations as "baseless" and clarified that the company`s registration in A-4 category was done only after it fulfilled all the conditions.
He refused to cancel the registration of the company on the ground that it had applied afresh for registration in the A-4 category and not for upgradation from A-3 to A-4.
The Minister also said that no officer had done anything wrong in the matter and therefore no question arises of taking any action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers