MP Assembly stalled over company of CM`s kin
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly Friday witnessed uproarious scenes when Congress members raised the issue of upgrading the registration of a company allegedly under pressure, as it belongs to state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s brother.
The matter was raised by Purshottam Dangi (Congress) during Question Hour who wanted to know that how the company`s registration was upgraded by the Public Works Department (PWD) from A-3 to A-4 category within 41 days, despite the rule that it cannot be done before a year.
Intervening in the matter, Govind Singh (Congress) alleged that since the company belongs to the brother of the Chief Minister and it has given its address as the "Chief Minister`s residence" therefore, it was done under pressure.
Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh termed it as a gross violation of rules and added that the House wanted to know from the PWD Minister who all are the partners and share holders in the company.
However, the Speaker did not permit it on the ground that the question does not arise at this point as it was not asked with the original question.
PWD Minister Nagendra Singh, in his reply, termed the Congress` allegations as "baseless" and clarified that the company`s registration in A-4 category was done only after it fulfilled all the conditions.
He refused to cancel the registration of the company on the ground that it had applied afresh for registration in the A-4 category and not for upgradation from A-3 to A-4.
The Minister also said that no officer had done anything wrong in the matter and therefore no question arises of taking any action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BCCI for transparency in awarding IPL media rights
- Cow vigilantism? Two Dalits thrashed in Gujarat for refusing to clear carcass of calf
- 'Arvind Kejriwal fooling people of Goa by making tall promises'
- Kashmir like volcano about to erupt, says AK Antony
- Union Minister Prakash Javadekar clarifies on Nehru, Patel gaffe - Here's what he said