MP Assembly`s monsoon session concludes
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly was on Friday adjourned sine die after the 12-day long monsoon session
(July 11-22) got over.
Speaker, Ishwardas Rohani, said both the government and
the Opposition successfully raised the "voice of the man
standing in the last row of the society" during the session,
which had been the motto of the House.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that despite
being unwell, the Speaker discharged his duties effectively,
which showed he was a man of strong will-power.
Chouhan also complimented the Opposition, especially
Congress Party’s Ajay Singh -- who took charge as the new
Leader of Opposition in this session -- saying that Ajay
played a constructive role by raising the issues relevant to
Ajay Singh thanked the Speaker for his support to the
Opposition despite not being well, and also the treasury
benches for addressing the issues raised.
BSP Leader, Ramlakhan Singh, thanked the members on
behalf of his party.
During the 12-day-long session, nine sittings took place,
first supplementary budget for the year 2011-12 was passed and
ten government bills were passed.
As many as 2,666 questions (starred and unstarred) were
asked, 653 notices for calling-attention motion and 122
petitions were received.
Also, five non-government resolutions were passed and an
adjournment motion was discussed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply