MP: Assets worth Rs 100 crore found in raids
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta police on Thursday claimed to have unearthed assets worth over Rs 100 crore during raids at the residences of two top officials of state health department.
Police recovered Rs 38 lakh in cash from house of Madhya Pradesh Health Director Amarnath Mittal and Rs 10 lakh from the residece of Junior Auditor Ganesh Prasad Kirar. Both the officials were suspended following the raids.
Also, foreign currency including 3,000 Euros and 1000 Australian dollars were also recovered from Mittal`s house, police said.
Gold and silver jewellery worth Rs 72 lakh, title documents of 50 acres of land, and two four-wheelers were also recovered from the house, while the lockers in various banks were yet to be opened.
Lokayukta officials said the value of Mittal`s land at Bhopal was nearly Rs 50 crore. They also found documents pertaining to partnership in a hotel, a huge bungalow, three shops and a large showroom.
Jewellery worth Rs 38 lakh and title documents of seven shops and 20 acres of land were found at Kirar`s residence The total value of his assets was around Rs 20 crore, the officials said.
In February 2010, a raid by the income tax department at the residence of Arvind and Tinu Joshi, both 1979 batch IAS officers posted in Madhya Pradesh, had led to unearthing of assets valued at Rs 360 crore.
While Arvind was then posted as Principal Secretary of Jail, Tinu was the Secretary to the Women and Child Development Department.
In December last year, Lokayukta police had raided the residence of a Class IV employee of the Ujjain Municipal Corporation and found documents showing assets worth Rs 10 crore.
Narendra Deshmukh was a peon but the documents showed that he owned two houses, 18 `bigha` land, one poultry farm and a farm house. He also had shares in a factory and a hotel in Mumbai in addition to ten bank accounts and land in Jalgaon district of Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing