MP BJP alleges Congress-SIMI conspiracy in VHP leader attack
Indore: Madhya Pradesh BJP unit on Saturday alleged
that a SIMI activist at the behest of Congress was behind the
attack on VHP leader and local scribe Bherulal Tank, who was
shot at in Nagada town of Ujjain district.
BJP spokesperson Umesh Sharma said in a statement here
that the so-called secular mask of Congress stands torn in
this very case as the police suspected of links of a Congress
councillor Rubabauddeen in the yesterday`s incident.
Two-three unidentified motorcycle-borne persons fired at
Tank from a country-made gun, hitting him in the stomach and
hand. He was then shifted to Indore`s Gokuldas Hospital in a
Tank, who runs a news agency, was actively writing against
Jhirnia weapon scandal and the activities of the SIMI in
Nagada, hence he was on a hit list of the banned outfit,
Sharma said, adding, the police was informed about the threats
he received from the unidentified persons, but no security was
provided to the scribe.
Meanwhile, the BJP has also demanded a high-level probe
into the incident, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed