MP: `BJP good at making meaningless announcements`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress chief Kantilal Bhuria on Monday said that even leaders of the ruling BJP now feel that State Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan did nothing but make announcements which were never implemented.
"The Congress has been saying that the CM was an expert in making meaningless announcements but now even BJP leaders have begun stating this," Bhuria said here.
Bhuria said that recently BJP Rajya Sabha member, Raghunandan Sharma, had at a function in Ujjain, remarked that Madhya Pradesh ministers were expert in making announcements and Chouhan was their chief.
He said that following this, Sharma was stripped of the post of Madhya Pradesh BJP vice-president but the BJP MP has so far not retracted from his statement.
Even Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur was also reported as saying that there was no government worth its name in Madhya Pradesh, he said.
Bhuria said other BJP leaders may not be making statements against the state government but he is confident that they don`t have anything good to say about it.
He said he failed to understand the reasons behind the BJP government thinking that it was doing a good job.
Bhuria said that according to a survey, Madhya Pradesh has now achieved the dubious distinction of being the most corrupt state in the country.
He said that despite this, the ruling BJP never tires of claiming that it was doing very good work in all spheres.
Bhuria said the situation on malnutrition front in MP was alarming and the government was unable to do anything for it.
Recently the government spent crores of rupees on the Madhya Pradesh Day celebrations and this money could have well been spent on important development work in the state, he said.
It is a proven fact that the BJP government in the state only believes in making promises and has no intentions of fulfilling it, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional