MP BJP targets Congress over Dr Ambedkar memorial
Sagar: Madhya Pradesh BJP has criticised the Congress-led UPA government over its "failure" to set up a national memorial of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar in New Delhi so far.
"While Congress had converted the houses of (former Prime Ministers) Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi into museums, it has not done so in case of the father of the Indian Constitution, Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar," Madhya Pradesh BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar told reporters at Bina in the district Monday evening.
Dr Ambedkar`s literary activities, including writing the Indian Constitution were done at 26, Alipur Road, New Delhi residence.
"When the NDA was in power, it had purchased Dr Ambedkar`s house at a cost of Rs 16 crore from the Jindals to convert into a national memorial. However, NDA lost power in the next general elections and successive governments did nothing about it," Tomar said.
Tomar also criticised former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati. "In times of crisis, neither the Congress nor the BSP help the poor, who were given assistance by the BJP even when it was not in power," Tomar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional