MP BJP targets Congress over Dr Ambedkar memorial
Sagar: Madhya Pradesh BJP has criticised the Congress-led UPA government over its "failure" to set up a national memorial of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar in New Delhi so far.
"While Congress had converted the houses of (former Prime Ministers) Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi into museums, it has not done so in case of the father of the Indian Constitution, Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar," Madhya Pradesh BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar told reporters at Bina in the district Monday evening.
Dr Ambedkar`s literary activities, including writing the Indian Constitution were done at 26, Alipur Road, New Delhi residence.
"When the NDA was in power, it had purchased Dr Ambedkar`s house at a cost of Rs 16 crore from the Jindals to convert into a national memorial. However, NDA lost power in the next general elections and successive governments did nothing about it," Tomar said.
Tomar also criticised former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati. "In times of crisis, neither the Congress nor the BSP help the poor, who were given assistance by the BJP even when it was not in power," Tomar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000