MP BJP targets Congress over Dr Ambedkar memorial
Sagar: Madhya Pradesh BJP has criticised the Congress-led UPA government over its "failure" to set up a national memorial of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar in New Delhi so far.
"While Congress had converted the houses of (former Prime Ministers) Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi into museums, it has not done so in case of the father of the Indian Constitution, Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar," Madhya Pradesh BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar told reporters at Bina in the district Monday evening.
Dr Ambedkar`s literary activities, including writing the Indian Constitution were done at 26, Alipur Road, New Delhi residence.
"When the NDA was in power, it had purchased Dr Ambedkar`s house at a cost of Rs 16 crore from the Jindals to convert into a national memorial. However, NDA lost power in the next general elections and successive governments did nothing about it," Tomar said.
Tomar also criticised former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati. "In times of crisis, neither the Congress nor the BSP help the poor, who were given assistance by the BJP even when it was not in power," Tomar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends