MP: Boy swept away in flash floods
Indore: A young boy who went picnicking was swept away in Choral river at Mhow near here, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday when Yogesh Thorat, with his friends were caught in flash floods in the river, police said. While three others managed to escape, Yogesh was washed away in the spate.
Divers were pressed into action since last night but the victim`s body has not been recovered yet, Additional SP (Rural) Vinay Pal said.
Efforts were still on to trace the missing boy, Pal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India