MP budget session begins amid noisy protests by BSP
Bhopal: Noisy protests from Opposition BSP members marred the beginning of the Madhya Pradesh Assembly`s Budget session on Monday.
As Governor Ram Naresh Yadav started highlighting various achievements of the state government, specially in the field of agriculture in which it has registered 18 per cent growth and was awarded `Krishi Karman Award` by the Centre, BSP members, led by its legislative party leader Ram Lakhan Singh, interrupted till the end of the address.
Later, other BSP members also joined him alleging that despite highlighting issue like injustice, atrocities committed on dalits and tribals and problems being faced by farmers because of recent hailstorm, no action was taken by the state government to address their problems.
The BSP members continued to raise slogans during the Governor`s address and were also joined by Kalpana Parulekar (Congress).
The protesting BSP members later joined their leader on front benches and continued with slogan shouting till the Governor completed his address.
After the Governor`s address, the BSP members staged a walk out from the House in protest even before Yadav left.
Highlighting steps taken by the government for the welfare of farmers, the Governor said that it was committed to making agriculture a profitable venture and had taken a number of measures in this regard like agriculture loan on zero per cent and bonus above MSP on wheat and paddy crops.
The government has procured 85 lakh MT wheat and established a new record in increasing irrigated area in the state.
Referring to the issue of recent damage to crops due to
hailstorm, the Governor said the state government was taking all possible measures to help the affected farmers.
The Governor also highlighted a number of other measures taken by the state BJP government in the field of power, education, health, industrialisation, launching of `Maryada Abhiyan` to curb the practice of open defecation, successful re-introduction of tigers in Panna Tiger Reserve and round-the-clock power supply in rural areas, under Atal Jyoti Campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in