MP budget session begins amid noisy protests by BSP
Bhopal: Noisy protests from Opposition BSP members marred the beginning of the Madhya Pradesh Assembly`s Budget session on Monday.
As Governor Ram Naresh Yadav started highlighting various achievements of the state government, specially in the field of agriculture in which it has registered 18 per cent growth and was awarded `Krishi Karman Award` by the Centre, BSP members, led by its legislative party leader Ram Lakhan Singh, interrupted till the end of the address.
Later, other BSP members also joined him alleging that despite highlighting issue like injustice, atrocities committed on dalits and tribals and problems being faced by farmers because of recent hailstorm, no action was taken by the state government to address their problems.
The BSP members continued to raise slogans during the Governor`s address and were also joined by Kalpana Parulekar (Congress).
The protesting BSP members later joined their leader on front benches and continued with slogan shouting till the Governor completed his address.
After the Governor`s address, the BSP members staged a walk out from the House in protest even before Yadav left.
Highlighting steps taken by the government for the welfare of farmers, the Governor said that it was committed to making agriculture a profitable venture and had taken a number of measures in this regard like agriculture loan on zero per cent and bonus above MSP on wheat and paddy crops.
The government has procured 85 lakh MT wheat and established a new record in increasing irrigated area in the state.
Referring to the issue of recent damage to crops due to
hailstorm, the Governor said the state government was taking all possible measures to help the affected farmers.
The Governor also highlighted a number of other measures taken by the state BJP government in the field of power, education, health, industrialisation, launching of `Maryada Abhiyan` to curb the practice of open defecation, successful re-introduction of tigers in Panna Tiger Reserve and round-the-clock power supply in rural areas, under Atal Jyoti Campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?