MP Cabinet decides to air-connect major cities
Bhopal: In a major decision aimed at
connecting important cities of the state, Madhya Pradesh
Government today decided to air-connect
Bhopal-Indore-Gwalior-Jabalpur and Satna through small planes
to be operated by private players.
The decision to provide air-connectivity to these cities
was taken by the State Cabinet at its meeting chaired by Chief
Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
An Aviation Cell will be constituted under the Madhya
Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation (MPTDC) and the
operators will be selected through an open competitive bidding
system for launching the service.
The operators were asked to operate a minimum nine-
seater plane in the sector and among them few seats will
remain reserved for the state government on payment basis.
The Cabinet also decided to constitute a separate
department of Public Service Management Department in which
the present 20-Point Department will be merged.
A decision was also taken to set up the Madhya Pradesh
Clean Development Mechanism Authority by the Cabinet. It will
give technical advise to the state government on the issue of
sustainable development in the light of climate changes.
The State Cabinet took several other decisions
including approval of VRS 2010 for the MP State Road Transport
Corporation (MPSRTC) under which one-time payment has been
doubled from Rs five lakh to Rs 10 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch