MP Cabinet expansion: Uma Shankar gets Home Ministry
Bhopal: The allotment of portfolios to those
inducted in expansion of Madhya Pradesh Council of Ministers
was finally done late Sunday night.
According to an official notification here, Uma
Shankar Gupta, the MLA from Bhopal South, would be the new
state Home Minister in place of Jagdish Devda who would
continue to retain the Transport and Jail portfolios.
Gupta was a minister during the chief ministership of
Babulal Gaur but he was not a member of Shivraj Singh
Chouhan`s Cabinet earlier.
The six ministers whose portfolios have been left
untouched are Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur,
Finance Minister Raghavji, Housing and Environment Minister
Jayant Mallaiya, Public Health Minister Gauri Shankar Bisen,
Public Works Department Minister Nagendra Singh and Sports and
Tourism Minister Tukojirao Pawar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: PM Modi beating drums in Meghalaya
- BJP slams UP government over firing on ex-justice's car
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya