MP Cabinet expansion: Uma Shankar gets Home Ministry
Bhopal: The allotment of portfolios to those
inducted in expansion of Madhya Pradesh Council of Ministers
was finally done late Sunday night.
According to an official notification here, Uma
Shankar Gupta, the MLA from Bhopal South, would be the new
state Home Minister in place of Jagdish Devda who would
continue to retain the Transport and Jail portfolios.
Gupta was a minister during the chief ministership of
Babulal Gaur but he was not a member of Shivraj Singh
Chouhan`s Cabinet earlier.
The six ministers whose portfolios have been left
untouched are Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur,
Finance Minister Raghavji, Housing and Environment Minister
Jayant Mallaiya, Public Health Minister Gauri Shankar Bisen,
Public Works Department Minister Nagendra Singh and Sports and
Tourism Minister Tukojirao Pawar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing