MP: Chouhan government has surrendered before mafia
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh opposition leader Ajay Singh on Wednesday accused the ruling BJP government of "surrendering" before the organised crime syndicates in the state.
Ajay said those involved in illegal mining and illicit liquor trade enjoy patronage of some of the ruling BJP leaders.
"It was because of the state government policies that honest officers were either being killed or were being beaten up severely to teach them a lesson," Ajay said in a reference to the recent murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh allegedly by mining mafia in Morena district.
Alleging that the law and order in the state has touched a new low, Ajay said this was evident from an incident wherein forest official Lipton Singh was beaten up by Arjun Singh Yadav and his associates on Monday in market area in Panna town.
Lipton was thrashed so badly that he had to be admitted in hospital in "serious" condition, he claimed. Ajay said the "concerted" activities of the mafia have badly affected the morale of officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends