MP: Chouhan government has surrendered before mafia
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh opposition leader Ajay Singh on Wednesday accused the ruling BJP government of "surrendering" before the organised crime syndicates in the state.
Ajay said those involved in illegal mining and illicit liquor trade enjoy patronage of some of the ruling BJP leaders.
"It was because of the state government policies that honest officers were either being killed or were being beaten up severely to teach them a lesson," Ajay said in a reference to the recent murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh allegedly by mining mafia in Morena district.
Alleging that the law and order in the state has touched a new low, Ajay said this was evident from an incident wherein forest official Lipton Singh was beaten up by Arjun Singh Yadav and his associates on Monday in market area in Panna town.
Lipton was thrashed so badly that he had to be admitted in hospital in "serious" condition, he claimed. Ajay said the "concerted" activities of the mafia have badly affected the morale of officials.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed