MP: Chouhan vows to engage youth in economic development
Washington: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced his government would establish `Vivekananda Yuva Kendra` in Panchayats and districts across the state and launch a loan-guarantee scheme to engage youths in economic development.
Chouhan made the announcements after his visit to Vivekananda Memorial in Chicago where Vivekananda delivered the famous and historic address at the Parliament of the World Religions in 1893 to tremendous applause.
"Vivekananda Yuva Kendra would engage youths in creative social and economic development of the State," Chouhan said.
He said that youths of the state would use the platform not only to positively channelise their energy towards personality development; but also help in various other activities sanitations, literacy and poverty alleviation at the village and district level.
Chouhan, who is on a eight-day US visit, said as part of his objective to establish a network of small and medium cottage industries in every nook and corner of the State, he has also promised to launch a "loan guarantee scheme" for the youths of the State.
"We will soon start providing 24 hours uninterrupted supply of electricity to all villages, such a loan guarantee scheme would help youths to realise their entrepreneurial skills by helping them establish cottage industries," he said.
Under this scheme, the banks would finance the launch of such cottage industries by youths, but this would be guaranteed by the State Government.
"The State Government would provide the guarantee so that banks do not hesitate in giving loans to the deserving youths who want to start their own cottage industry, he said, adding that lakhs of youths would benefit from this, thus accelerate the economic development of the State.”
Chouhan said it is but natural to make such an announcement from the "sacred place" where Swami Vivekananda delivered the famous and historic address in 1893.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video