MP civic polls: Code of conduct likely from Tuesday
Bhopal: The model code of conduct for
local bodies elections is likely to be imposed in Madhya
Pradesh from tomorrow in view of the coming civic body polls,
State Urban Administration and Development Minister, Babulal
Gaur said here today.
"Model Code of Conduct is likely to be imposed from
tomorrow in view of the settling of all issues including
reservation of mayoral posts in the state for the coming
Nagar Nigam/Nagar Palika and Nagar Panchayat elections," Gaur
The government has also decided to accord Nagar Panchayat
status to those towns having population of more than 20,000
each, Nagar Palika to those cities having population between
50,000 to one lakh and Nagar Nigam to those with three lakh
and above population.
He also informed on the occasion that a novel initiative
to prepare City Development Plan (CDP) of 91 Nagar Palikas and
five holy cities has been taken up by the government and 39
companies were shortlisted for the job.
Asked about Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s
statement about preferring sons of soil in giving employment
in the state, Gaur said he was not aware of any such comment
and added that all were welcome to serve in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report