MP CM announces ex-gratia for slain CRPF trooper
Bhopal/New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 15 lakh to the kin of a CRPF jawan who was killed in the militant attack in Srinagar.
Chouhan, along with Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, will also attend the funeral of constable Om Prakash Singh Mardaniya tomorrow.
The martyred jawan, one of five CRPF personnel who died in the suicide attack in Srinagar yesterday, belonged to Shahpura village in Ichhawar tehsil of Chouhan`s home district, Sehore.
Swaraj is a Member of Parliament from the area.
"The Chief Minister has also announced a plot and a job to one member of the family of the slain CRPF trooper who hailed from the state," Commissioner, Department of Public Relations (MP), Rakesh Shrivastava said.
Mardaniya`s body was today sent on an aircraft to Bhopal after it was earlier flown into New Delhi from Srinagar.
Union Minister of State for Home R P N Singh and CRPF chief Pranay Sahay paid their last respects to Mardaniya and four of his other martyred colleagues at the Indira Gandhi International airport in New Delhi.
The bodies of four other troopers -- Assistant sub-inspector Avadh Bihari Singh from Jalaun in Uttar Pradesh, constable L Perumal (Madurai), constable Subhash Surav Barla, of Hazaribagh in Jharkhand and constable Sateesha from Mandya in Karnataka -- were also sent to their respective states from here by the CRPF administration.
In a major suicide attack, two terrorists, disguised as cricketers, had yesterday stormed a CRPF camp near a school at Bemina in Srinagar.
The militants were eliminated after 30-minute gunfight with the security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH
- Mercedes GLE 400 4MATIC petrol variant launched in India at Rs 74.9 lakh
- Attention parents! Childhood head injury may up mental illness, mortality risk
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha