MP CM blesses 81 Muslim girls, calls them his nieces
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan blessed 81 Muslim girls on Monday on the occasion of their nikaah (marriage) under the state government`s Mukhyamantri Kanyadan Yojna at Nasrullaganj in neighbouring Sehore district.
Describing himself as "maternal uncle" of the brides, Chouhan said it is the marriage ceremony of "his nieces" and therefore he extends wholehearted welcome to all guests.
The senior BJP leader said Madhya Pradesh government functions with a "spirit of respecting all religions" and he would leave no stone unturned to ensure "welfare of minorities".
Chouhan exhorted those present on the occasion not to discriminate between sons and daughters, adding that his government is committed to bring all sections of society to the mainstream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why