MP CM concerned over top babus` corrupt activities
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan has expressed displeasure over `corrupt activities` by some of the IAS and IPS officers in the state.
Chouhan hurriedly called the meeting of associations of IAS and IPS officers in the State Secretariat yesterday after returning from the Chief Ministers` conference in New Delhi.
He reportedly conveyed his displeasure on the recent Income Tax officers raids on the house of IAS couple – Arvind Joshi and Tinu Joshi, official sources said today.
From the IAS officers association, the meeting was attended by its president Sandeep Khanna and office-bearers - Shailendra Singh, Manish-Dipali Rastogi, R Parshuram and Vivek Agrawal among others, the sources said.
The IPS officers association was represented by its president Nandan Dubey, Sanjeev Shami, A K Soni and Vijay Yadav, they said.
The Chief Minister strictly told them that they should advise their members not to indulge in corrupt practices as such actions not only ashamed them but also put the state
government in an awkward position, the sources said.
Chouhan also told them that during his recent visit to Delhi everybody was asking him about the IT raids on the IAS officers in the state.
Meanwhile, taking the issue seriously, the IAS association today called the meeting of its office-bearers at 6 pm to discuss the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections