MP CM conducts surprise inspection of govt offices
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan conducted surprise inspection of several government offices here during which he also got an officer fined for smoking inside the premises.
The Chief Minister`s inspection tour yesterday, which included checking of a newly constructed road here, came as a surprise even to the district collector who remained unaware about it until the last minute.
According to sources, the Chief Minister during his inspection found Joint Director, Town and Country Planning, V P Kulshreshtha smoking inside his office, following which he directed the collector to fine him Rs 200 on the spot.
He also visited offices of Town and Country Planning department and Kolar Nagar Palika here.
Officials said that the Chief Minister had received a complaint about delay in delivery of building permission from one Prem Narayan Singh Lodhi. Lodhi had alleged that the officer concerned had demanded a bribe.
During his inspection, the Chief Minister also spoke to an applicant and asked him for how long he had been waiting to get building permission, and whether any bribe was demanded from him ever.
Chouhan ordered the collector to check all files from the department, and said strict action will be taken if the applications were not disposed off within the prescribed time.
He also stopped at a colony here on his way to Shahpura and inspected a newly-constructed road.
The Chief Minister asked for a pick-axe and dug up on a spot to check the quality of construction. He then asked the officials to give a quality report in two hours.
Officials claimed that traffic was not stopped at any point for the Chief Minister`s cavalcade during the tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees