MP CM deputes two mins to talk to villagers on `Jal Satyagrah`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday deputed two senior ministers to talk to the agitators staging `Jal Satyagraha` by standing in neck-deep waters since the last fortnight in Khandwa and Harda districts demanding proper rehabilitation, among other things.
State Industries Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya and Tribal Welfare Minister Vijay Shah would leave for the affected villages tomorrow to assure the agitators that government would look into their demands sympathetically, sources said.
Chouhan directed the two ministers to take a stock of the situation after reports of Indira Sagar and Omkareshwar dam-affected persons in Ghoghalgaon and Barkhalia in Khandwa district and Khardana in Harda district were staging the protest by standing in neck-deep water was noticed at the state and national level, they said.
Besides the Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission (MPHRC), two senior Left party leaders, CPI national secretary and MP D Raja and CPM politbureau member Brinda Karat have also expressed concern on the issue.
The protesters say that they had been demanding alternative land for their submerged land, proper rehabilitation and resettlement work since the past six months much before filling the dam reservoir to their capacity as directed by the Supreme Court.
Narmada Bacaho Andolan (NBA), which is agitating on the issue since the last decade, has alleged that the state government had given false affidavit in the apex court on the issue of completion of rehabilitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks