MP CM deputes two mins to talk to villagers on `Jal Satyagrah`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday deputed two senior ministers to talk to the agitators staging `Jal Satyagraha` by standing in neck-deep waters since the last fortnight in Khandwa and Harda districts demanding proper rehabilitation, among other things.
State Industries Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya and Tribal Welfare Minister Vijay Shah would leave for the affected villages tomorrow to assure the agitators that government would look into their demands sympathetically, sources said.
Chouhan directed the two ministers to take a stock of the situation after reports of Indira Sagar and Omkareshwar dam-affected persons in Ghoghalgaon and Barkhalia in Khandwa district and Khardana in Harda district were staging the protest by standing in neck-deep water was noticed at the state and national level, they said.
Besides the Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission (MPHRC), two senior Left party leaders, CPI national secretary and MP D Raja and CPM politbureau member Brinda Karat have also expressed concern on the issue.
The protesters say that they had been demanding alternative land for their submerged land, proper rehabilitation and resettlement work since the past six months much before filling the dam reservoir to their capacity as directed by the Supreme Court.
Narmada Bacaho Andolan (NBA), which is agitating on the issue since the last decade, has alleged that the state government had given false affidavit in the apex court on the issue of completion of rehabilitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth