MP CM expands cabinet, says BJP doesn`t work keeping elections in mind
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Saturday said that the Bharatiya Janata Party does not work keeping elections in mind.
While addressing media after taking oath for the third term as MP CM, Chouhan said, "Public seen our growth and work, we don`t keep elections in mind when we work."
Chouhan today expanded his ministry while inducting 19 cabinet ministers and four Ministers of State.
After BJP`s thumping victory in the assembly elections, Chouhan took oath as the Chief Minister for the third time on December 14.
The cabinet ministers who were sworn in today included three women: Yashodhara Raje Scindia, Maya Singh and Kusum Mehdele.
Mehdele was a minister earlier. She lost in the 2008 assembly elections by a margin of only 47 votes, but this time she was elected for the fifth time.
Scindia is currently MP from Gwalior. Another Lok Sabha member in the cabinet is Bhupendra Singh (Sagar MP), while Maya Singh is currently a Rajya Sabha member.
Archana Chitnis and Ranjana Baghel, the two women ministers in the previous ministry, were dropped.
Apart from Maya Singh and Bhupendra Singh, the only other new face in the Council of Ministers is Gyan Singh.
Among the Cabinet ministers who took the oath today is ex-Chief Minister Babulal Gaur who won from the Govindpura constituency in Bhopal for a record successive tenth time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16