MP CM expands cabinet, says BJP doesn`t work keeping elections in mind
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Saturday said that the Bharatiya Janata Party does not work keeping elections in mind.
While addressing media after taking oath for the third term as MP CM, Chouhan said, "Public seen our growth and work, we don`t keep elections in mind when we work."
Chouhan today expanded his ministry while inducting 19 cabinet ministers and four Ministers of State.
After BJP`s thumping victory in the assembly elections, Chouhan took oath as the Chief Minister for the third time on December 14.
The cabinet ministers who were sworn in today included three women: Yashodhara Raje Scindia, Maya Singh and Kusum Mehdele.
Mehdele was a minister earlier. She lost in the 2008 assembly elections by a margin of only 47 votes, but this time she was elected for the fifth time.
Scindia is currently MP from Gwalior. Another Lok Sabha member in the cabinet is Bhupendra Singh (Sagar MP), while Maya Singh is currently a Rajya Sabha member.
Archana Chitnis and Ranjana Baghel, the two women ministers in the previous ministry, were dropped.
Apart from Maya Singh and Bhupendra Singh, the only other new face in the Council of Ministers is Gyan Singh.
Among the Cabinet ministers who took the oath today is ex-Chief Minister Babulal Gaur who won from the Govindpura constituency in Bhopal for a record successive tenth time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?