MP: CM explains stand on letter to PM over excess coal to RPL
Khandwa (MP): Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan who attracted criticism for writing to the prime minister for permission to divert excess coal for the Reliance Power project Tuesday explained his stand before the State BJP Executive that met today.
The State BJP General Secretary and MP Rakesh Singh told reporters that the Chief Minister highlighted the conditions under which he wrote the letter.
RPL was allowed to divert excess coal from the three mines Moher, Moher Amlohri and Chhatrasal in the state to another project, Chitrangi, also in the state by the central government.
The coal blocks were originally allocated for Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project (UMPP) in Sidhi district.
Although the MP government had made a request, the company was allowed to divert coal by the central government.
National auditor CAG`s report last month had questioned the central government`s decision to allow the use of surplus coal from blocks allotted to Sasan UMPP for other projects of Reliance Power.
Chouhan said that he wrote the letter to the prime minister as use of excess coal would avoid delay in coal supply arrangement for the Chitrangi project and facilitate its early commissioning.
The state executive meet today also criticised the Congress for its handling of the Assam crisis and demanded that all illegal migrants from Bangladesh settled in the north-eastern state should be sent back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam