MP: CM explains stand on letter to PM over excess coal to RPL
Khandwa (MP): Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan who attracted criticism for writing to the prime minister for permission to divert excess coal for the Reliance Power project Tuesday explained his stand before the State BJP Executive that met today.
The State BJP General Secretary and MP Rakesh Singh told reporters that the Chief Minister highlighted the conditions under which he wrote the letter.
RPL was allowed to divert excess coal from the three mines Moher, Moher Amlohri and Chhatrasal in the state to another project, Chitrangi, also in the state by the central government.
The coal blocks were originally allocated for Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project (UMPP) in Sidhi district.
Although the MP government had made a request, the company was allowed to divert coal by the central government.
National auditor CAG`s report last month had questioned the central government`s decision to allow the use of surplus coal from blocks allotted to Sasan UMPP for other projects of Reliance Power.
Chouhan said that he wrote the letter to the prime minister as use of excess coal would avoid delay in coal supply arrangement for the Chitrangi project and facilitate its early commissioning.
The state executive meet today also criticised the Congress for its handling of the Assam crisis and demanded that all illegal migrants from Bangladesh settled in the north-eastern state should be sent back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future