MP: CM explains stand on letter to PM over excess coal to RPL
Khandwa (MP): Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan who attracted criticism for writing to the prime minister for permission to divert excess coal for the Reliance Power project Tuesday explained his stand before the State BJP Executive that met today.
The State BJP General Secretary and MP Rakesh Singh told reporters that the Chief Minister highlighted the conditions under which he wrote the letter.
RPL was allowed to divert excess coal from the three mines Moher, Moher Amlohri and Chhatrasal in the state to another project, Chitrangi, also in the state by the central government.
The coal blocks were originally allocated for Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project (UMPP) in Sidhi district.
Although the MP government had made a request, the company was allowed to divert coal by the central government.
National auditor CAG`s report last month had questioned the central government`s decision to allow the use of surplus coal from blocks allotted to Sasan UMPP for other projects of Reliance Power.
Chouhan said that he wrote the letter to the prime minister as use of excess coal would avoid delay in coal supply arrangement for the Chitrangi project and facilitate its early commissioning.
The state executive meet today also criticised the Congress for its handling of the Assam crisis and demanded that all illegal migrants from Bangladesh settled in the north-eastern state should be sent back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie