MP: CM explains stand on letter to PM over excess coal to RPL
Khandwa (MP): Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan who attracted criticism for writing to the prime minister for permission to divert excess coal for the Reliance Power project Tuesday explained his stand before the State BJP Executive that met today.
The State BJP General Secretary and MP Rakesh Singh told reporters that the Chief Minister highlighted the conditions under which he wrote the letter.
RPL was allowed to divert excess coal from the three mines Moher, Moher Amlohri and Chhatrasal in the state to another project, Chitrangi, also in the state by the central government.
The coal blocks were originally allocated for Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project (UMPP) in Sidhi district.
Although the MP government had made a request, the company was allowed to divert coal by the central government.
National auditor CAG`s report last month had questioned the central government`s decision to allow the use of surplus coal from blocks allotted to Sasan UMPP for other projects of Reliance Power.
Chouhan said that he wrote the letter to the prime minister as use of excess coal would avoid delay in coal supply arrangement for the Chitrangi project and facilitate its early commissioning.
The state executive meet today also criticised the Congress for its handling of the Assam crisis and demanded that all illegal migrants from Bangladesh settled in the north-eastern state should be sent back.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan