MP CM launches ‘Beti Bachao Abhiyan’
Datia: The Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Monday launched the "Beti
Bachao Abhiyan" from here after offering prayers at the Pitambara Peeth.
The Chief Minister told reporters that he will tour all districts of the state after Diwali to create awareness about the girl child.
Chouhan said the Abhiyan was being started from here as Datia district had a skewed sex ratio.
He said there was an urgent need to change the mindset of the people under which they preferred having male babies over the girl child.
Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat Jha who was also present on the occasion said State Congress Chief Kantilal Bhuria had also been invited to the Abhiyan but he
had declined the invitation.
"I think Bhuria declined the invitation for political reasons, which was not good," Prabhat said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed