MP CM launches ‘Beti Bachao Abhiyan’
Datia: The Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Monday launched the "Beti
Bachao Abhiyan" from here after offering prayers at the Pitambara Peeth.
The Chief Minister told reporters that he will tour all districts of the state after Diwali to create awareness about the girl child.
Chouhan said the Abhiyan was being started from here as Datia district had a skewed sex ratio.
He said there was an urgent need to change the mindset of the people under which they preferred having male babies over the girl child.
Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat Jha who was also present on the occasion said State Congress Chief Kantilal Bhuria had also been invited to the Abhiyan but he
had declined the invitation.
"I think Bhuria declined the invitation for political reasons, which was not good," Prabhat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?