MP CM must send his kids to Hindi medium school: Congress
Bhopal: Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan can start exorcising "the ghost of English language" by asking BJP or RSS members to stop sending their children to English medium schools and enrolling them to Hindi schools, Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh said on Monday.
"If the chief minister really wants to demonstrate his love for Hindi, he should begin by getting his sons out of English medium school and get them admitted to Hindi medium schools," he said in a statement here.
The children of the chief minister, other ministers, as well as BJP and RSS leaders, all study in English medium schools and some of them even study abroad, he said.
This led to a situation of "class struggle" as children of common people were forced to study in Hindi medium schools, he said.
Ajay`s statement comes in the wake of Chouhan`s remarks here yesterday at a function organised by Dattopant Thengadi Research Organisation, where he had expressed his opposition to English.
Chouhan had strongly opposed English saying that it was necessary to exorcise its ghost. Though only a handful of people speak English, they have shown that nothing could be done without this language, he had said.
He also said that this English-speaking group never want the compulsion of English to end, because they fear that if it happens, even people from remote villages would become IAS or IPS officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi