MP CM opens school in bungalow seized from corrupt official
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated a school and an anganwadi centre on Friday, in a bungalow seized by the government from a corrupt engineer after a court order.
After a court order, the government seized Rural Engineering Services (RES) assistant engineer Arvind Tiwari`s bungalow in the Sudama Nagar area, which he had allegedly built by amassing wealth through unfair means.
"In a novel experiment, for the first time, we seized this bungalow under sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act to open a government school and an anganwadi centre in it," Chouhan said on the occasion.
Warning government officials on the occasion, he said that if it was proved that any public servant earned money disproportionate to his known sources of income, then his properties would be seized under the Prevention of Corruption Act, and used for public purposes.
On April 28, Special Judge Avnindra Kumar Singh had ordered seizure of Tiwari`s properties, after finding out that he had amassed it through unfair means when he was posted as National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme`s Assistant Engineer In-Charge, at Kannod in Dewas district.
Besides the Sudama Nagar property, the government also seized four houses constructed at several plots of Tiwari at Prabhu Nagar, a shop in Maurya Arcade in the Palasia area, Rs 4,16,100 cash and jewellery worth Rs 7,51,988, after a Lokayukta raid at his residence as well as subsequent court proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy