MP CM opens school in bungalow seized from corrupt official
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated a school and an anganwadi centre on Friday, in a bungalow seized by the government from a corrupt engineer after a court order.
After a court order, the government seized Rural Engineering Services (RES) assistant engineer Arvind Tiwari`s bungalow in the Sudama Nagar area, which he had allegedly built by amassing wealth through unfair means.
"In a novel experiment, for the first time, we seized this bungalow under sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act to open a government school and an anganwadi centre in it," Chouhan said on the occasion.
Warning government officials on the occasion, he said that if it was proved that any public servant earned money disproportionate to his known sources of income, then his properties would be seized under the Prevention of Corruption Act, and used for public purposes.
On April 28, Special Judge Avnindra Kumar Singh had ordered seizure of Tiwari`s properties, after finding out that he had amassed it through unfair means when he was posted as National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme`s Assistant Engineer In-Charge, at Kannod in Dewas district.
Besides the Sudama Nagar property, the government also seized four houses constructed at several plots of Tiwari at Prabhu Nagar, a shop in Maurya Arcade in the Palasia area, Rs 4,16,100 cash and jewellery worth Rs 7,51,988, after a Lokayukta raid at his residence as well as subsequent court proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people