MP CM requests Congress to put off agitation
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has asked the state Congress to put off its plan to gherao the Chief Minister`s residence on September 20, in view of scheduled visits of Bhutan Prime Minister and President of Sri Lanka.
However, Congress said it had already postponed the agitation.
In a letter to the state Congress president Kantilal Bhuria, Chouhan said it would not be appropriate for the opposition party to conduct its agitation on September 20.
Congress can go ahead with its program after the two dignitaries leave Madhya Pradesh, he said.
When contacted, Bhuria said he had not received the letter, but Congress had already decided to defer the agitation to October 4 in view of the visits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon