MP CM requests Congress to put off agitation
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has asked the state Congress to put off its plan to gherao the Chief Minister`s residence on September 20, in view of scheduled visits of Bhutan Prime Minister and President of Sri Lanka.
However, Congress said it had already postponed the agitation.
In a letter to the state Congress president Kantilal Bhuria, Chouhan said it would not be appropriate for the opposition party to conduct its agitation on September 20.
Congress can go ahead with its program after the two dignitaries leave Madhya Pradesh, he said.
When contacted, Bhuria said he had not received the letter, but Congress had already decided to defer the agitation to October 4 in view of the visits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Mahindra makes history with maiden win in Moto3 class
- Yemen clashes intensify as Ban Ki-moon pushes peace
- France beat Ireland 2-1 to reach Euro 2016 quarter-finals
- SUV chases Gujarat Oppn leader Shankersinh Vaghela's vehicle, nearly hits it
- Srinagar records season's hottest day, heat wave on in Jammu