MP CM requests Congress to put off agitation
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has asked the state Congress to put off its plan to gherao the Chief Minister`s residence on September 20, in view of scheduled visits of Bhutan Prime Minister and President of Sri Lanka.
However, Congress said it had already postponed the agitation.
In a letter to the state Congress president Kantilal Bhuria, Chouhan said it would not be appropriate for the opposition party to conduct its agitation on September 20.
Congress can go ahead with its program after the two dignitaries leave Madhya Pradesh, he said.
When contacted, Bhuria said he had not received the letter, but Congress had already decided to defer the agitation to October 4 in view of the visits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!