MP CM reviews preparations for Muslim congregation
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Government has reviewed preparations for a mega annual congregation of Muslims being organised from November 24.
Muslims from all over the world are expected to converge here for the three-day event, `Ijtema`. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan yesterday presided over a meeting which reviewed the preparations for the fair being organised at Eintkhedi near here.
Chouhan directed officials to ensure that no devotee arriving for the event faces any problem as they are guests of the state, official sources said on Saturday.
The Chief Minister will again review the preparations by visiting the venue after Diwali, they said.
Different departments of the State Government and Ijtema Organising Committee would work in coordination to make all arrangements for the event, the sources said.
A Police Control Room will be set up at Eintkhedi. Medical camps would be established and additional coaches in the Bhopal-bound trains would be attached for convenience of the visitors, they said.
Members of the Ijtema Organising Committee Iqbal Hafiz, Mohammad Mia, Atiqul Islam, Agha Abdul Qayyum, Hafiz Sahab, Principal Secretary (PWD), KK Singh, Commissioner, Urban Administration and Development, Sanjay Shukla and Additional Director General of Police Vijay Yadav, among others, attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Anurag Thakur is Lt Anurag Thakur now, joins Territorial Army – Watch his pics here
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army
- Rahul Gandhi kicks off Congress' poll campaign in Lucknow; vows to make UP no. 1 state, praises Sheila Dikshit
- Jeff Bezos world's third-richest, surpasses Warren Buffett: Forbes
- RBI to keep rates unchanged in August 9 policy: ICRA