MP CM reviews wheat procurement progress
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has asked officials to make foolproof arrangements to ensure wheat stock procured from farmers is not damaged or stolen.
Wheat procurement in the state should be taken up in a festive spirit, he said.
Foodgrain procurement was a test of administrative skills and abilities of officials, official sources quoted Chouhan as saying while reviewing arrangements for wheat purchase with Divisional Commissioners and Inspectors General of Police through video-conferencing here last evening.
Procurement from farmers should not be stopped even for a single day till the deadline. Foolproof arrangements should be made to save the purchased wheat from rains, theft and rotting, Chouhan said.
The State Government will bear the entire cost of open area storage, he said.
Meanwhile, a total of 50,27,396 MT of wheat has been procured by Government agencies on support price from farmers in Madhya Pradesh so far this year, an official release said today.
The cost of wheat bought from 5,65,515 farmers of the state stood at Rs 6963.5 crore.
The state is facing shortage of gunny bags required to stock wheat. As against an order of 3.25 lakh bales of gunny bags, the state has received only 2.09 lakh bales, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened