MP CM saddened by attack on Jain seer
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has appealed to his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi to initiate stringent action against those responsible for allegedly attacking a Jain seer at Girnar.
"The entire state, including me, is anguished over the incident involving Jain Muni Prabal Sagar at Girnar town in Gujarat", Chouhan said in a letter to Modi.
The seer was allegedly attacked by some unidentified persons last week reportedly with sharp weapons.
"I appeal to you to take prompt action as per the feelings of followers of Jainism and Munishri against the accused persons", he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India